Chief Manufacturing RPAU Universal Projector Ceiling Mount, White
Chief's All-Points™ Security System.
Chief RPAU Projector Mount
Chief's new RPAU Universal Projector Mount works with nearly all currently-sold projectors, thanks to its adjustable mounting legs. The mount includes everything you need for a quick installation.
- Universally supports most invertible projectors
- Dynamically adjustable mounting legs for a customized installation
- Lamp and filter access depends on projector design
All-Points™ Security System
The RPA is shipped with Chief's exclusive All-Points™ Security System - free-of charge and optional to use. (All-Points Security NOT available with all RPA Series Mounts - not included ONLY if noted above in bold, orange text) All-Points™ is an integrated security system that uses security hardware at all key connection points to protect projectors from theft. A steel-into-steel design makes All-Points™ more effective than other integrated security systems. *For additional RPA security, order SSC-4 RPA Security Screw Cover Kit.
- Low-profile, aesthetic design
- Quick projector disconnect/reconnect
- Steel-into-steel construction
- UL listed for proven strength
- Easy installation - no assembly
- Independent roll, pitch and yaw adjustments make it easy to precisely register the projector
- Disconnect without affecting adjustments
- Convenient lamp and filter access (may vary based on projector design)
- All-Points™ Security System included at no additional cost (not available with all RPA Series Mounts)
- Three ceiling mounting methods
- Flush mount without disassembly
- Allows cables to be routed through the top of the mount without additional accessories
- Compatible with a large assortment of accessories to easily overcome a variety of installation challenges
- Allows lateral shift by adding the LSB100 Lateral Shift Accessory
- Compatible with the PG-1 Projector Guard™ Security Cage
- Allows natural convection ventilation
Specifications [ top ]
- Roll Adjustment: +/- 4 degrees adjustment up or down. Loosen screw, adjust mount and tighten screw to hold adjustment.
- Pitch Adjustment: +/- 25 degrees adjustment on each side of the mount. Loosen screw, adjust mount and tighten screw to hold adjustment. Full range of pitch in a flush mount installation.
- Yaw Adjustment: 360 degrees by turning the mount on the threaded column and securing in place with set screw. 12 degrees yaw possible on flush mount using slots in top of RPA.
- Weight Capacity: 50 lbs (23 kg)
- Color: Black
- Column: 1.5 inches NPT
- Three Mounting Methods:
- 1. Flush mount to suitable ceilings using the four corner slots in top of the RPA Mount. The RPA allows you to flush mount without disassembly by providing suitable access for screwdrivers and socket sets. +/-25 degrees of pitch when flush mounted. 12 degrees yaw possible on flush mount with slots in top of RPA (Hardware not included).
- 2. 1/4" Threaded Rod using the four corner slots in the top of the RPA. (Threaded Rod not included.)
- 3. 1 1/2" NPT Threaded Extension Column using the threaded opening at the top of the RPA Mount. (Threaded Extension Column not included.) Convenient Lamp and Filter Access: Custom design of most RPA projector brackets provides needed access for: quick lamp changes, easy filter cleaning and proper projector ventilation.
- Quick Projector Disconnect/Reconnect: To quickly and easily remove the projector from the ceiling: loosen thumbnuts connecting the SLB bracket to the universal top. Remove projector and SLB from universal top. The universal top retains the registration adjustments. This feature makes projector servicing and maintenance quick and easy by eliminating the need for re-registration. Security wrench included for use when thumbnuts are replaced with All-Points™ Security System hardware.
- LSB100 Lateral Shift Accessory: Often times ceiling structures will not allow the projector to be mounted in exact alignment with the projection screen. The LSB100 Lateral Shift Accessory saves an abundance of time and hassles in trying to solve this common problem. The LSB100 allows the projector to be shifted three inches right or left of the installation spot (5 3/4 inches on projectors under 15 lbs.). Also use the LSB100 to easily accommodate different lens placement when projectors are replaced in existing installations. Compatible with all RPA and UPC Series Mounts, and maintains quick disconnect feature. Includes All-Points™ Security System hardware.
F.A.Q.'s [ top ]
- Q. How much height will the RPA add to my installation? A. The RPA top is only 1 3/4" high plus approximately 3/4" for the projector bracket.
- Q. Do I need to order the SLB projector bracket separately? A. No, the assembly ships complete when you order an RPA ceiling mount. The SLB bracket is a separate part number and is used only for Chief SMART-LIFTS™. The RPA part number includes both the universal top and SLB bracket.
- Q. How much assembly is required for the RPA? A. None, just attach the SLB bracket to your projector. If you choose to use All-Points™ you will need to replace indicated screws with included hardware. No disassembly needed.
- Q. How much weight does the mount hold? A. Each mount is custom designed to support the weight of the projector models specified. However, your ceiling must hold at least 5x the weight of your installation.
- Q. How does Chief's All-Points™ Security System work? A. All-Points™ is included with each RPA and is optional to use. The system locks the projector and mount with security hardware at all key connection points: Roll, Pitch and Yaw adjustments; bracket-to-projector; and mount-to-bracket.
- Q. Do I have to order All-Points™ separately? A. No, All-Points™ is included in all RPA packages at no additional cost and is optional to use.
- Q. Do I need any additional accessories to install the RPA? A. The RPA can be flush mounted to the ceiling without any additional accessories for a low profile, simple installation. However, often times you will need to lower the projector from a structural, finished or suspended ceiling. For these common applications, you will want to order the appropriate accessories.
- Q. When do I need to use the LSB100? A. Often times, ceiling structures will not allow the projector to be mounted in exact alignment with the projection screen. The LSB100 Lateral Shift Accessory saves an abundance of time and hassles in trying to solve this common problem. Also use the LSB100 to easily accommodate different lens placement when projectors are replaced in existing installations.
- Q. If I use the RPA with a Suspended Ceiling Kit, do I need an extension column? A. Yes. Any 1 1/2" NPT threaded extension column will work with Chief's Suspended Ceiling Kits.
- Q. How does the RPA design create natural convection ventilation? A. Chief's brackets are custom designed to allow for airflow that ventilates and helps cool projectors.
Incompatible Projectors [ top ]
The following projectors require Chief's projector-specific RPA mount:
- ASK M3 (requires RPA-0035)
- Canon SX80
- Casio XJ-S30 (requires RPA-169)
- Casio XJ-S35 (requires RPA-169)
- Dell M410HD
- Epson EMP-7800p
- Epson EMP-7850p
- Epson EMP-7900p
- Epson MovieMate 25
- Mitsubishi LVP-XL5900LU (requires RPA-023)
- Mitsubishi LVP-XL5900U (requires RPA-023)
- Mitsubishi LVP-XL5950LU (requires RPA-023)
- Mitsubishi LVP-XL5950U (requires RPA-023)
- Mitsubishi LVP-XL5980LU (requires RPA-023)
- Mitsubishi LVP-XL5980U (requires RPA-023)
- Panasonic PT-D7700EK (requires RPA-075)
- Panasonic PT-D7700U (requires RPA-075)
- Panasonic PT-DW7000U (requires RPA-075)
- Panasonic PT-DW7700U (requires RPA-075)
- Sanyo PLC-SW10 (requires RPA-011)
- Sanyo PLC-SW15 (requires RPA-011)
- Sanyo PLC-XW10 (requires RPA-011)
- Sanyo PLC-XW15 (requires RPA-011)
- Sony VPL-CS5 (requires RPA-060)
- Sony VPL-CX5 (requires RPA-060)
- Most Toshiba models, including:
- Toshiba TLP-380
- Toshiba TLP-381
- Toshiba TLP-780
- Toshiba TLP-781
- Toshiba TLP-790
- Toshiba TLP-791
- Toshiba TLP-MT4
- Toshiba TLP-MT7U
We have no downloads available for the Chief Manufacturing RPAU Universal Projector Ceiling Mount, White at this time.