Chief Manufacturing RPAU Universal Projector Ceiling Mount Black
Chief Manufacturing 12-18" (304-457 mm) Speed-Connect Adjustable Exten
Chief's All-Points™ Security System.
Chief RPAU Projector Mount
Chief's new RPAU Universal Projector Mount works with nearly all currently-sold projectors, thanks to its adjustable mounting legs. The mount includes everything you need for a quick installation.
- Universally supports most invertible projectors
- Dynamically adjustable mounting legs for a customized installation
- Lamp and filter access depends on projector design
All-Points™ Security System
The RPA is shipped with Chief's exclusive All-Points™ Security System - free-of charge and optional to use. (All-Points Security NOT available with all RPA Series Mounts - not included ONLY if noted above in bold, orange text) All-Points™ is an integrated security system that uses security hardware at all key connection points to protect projectors from theft. A steel-into-steel design makes All-Points™ more effective than other integrated security systems. *For additional RPA security, order SSC-4 RPA Security Screw Cover Kit.
- Low-profile, aesthetic design
- Quick projector disconnect/reconnect
- Steel-into-steel construction
- UL listed for proven strength
- Easy installation - no assembly
- Independent roll, pitch and yaw adjustments make it easy to precisely register the projector
- Disconnect without affecting adjustments
- Convenient lamp and filter access (may vary based on projector design)
- All-Points™ Security System included at no additional cost (not available with all RPA Series Mounts)
- Three ceiling mounting methods
- Flush mount without disassembly
- Allows cables to be routed through the top of the mount without additional accessories
- Compatible with a large assortment of accessories to easily overcome a variety of installation challenges
- Allows lateral shift by adding the LSB100 Lateral Shift Accessory
- Compatible with the PG-1 Projector Guard™ Security Cage
- Allows natural convection ventilation
Specifications [ top ]
- Roll Adjustment: +/- 4 degrees adjustment up or down. Loosen screw, adjust mount and tighten screw to hold adjustment.
- Pitch Adjustment: +/- 25 degrees adjustment on each side of the mount. Loosen screw, adjust mount and tighten screw to hold adjustment. Full range of pitch in a flush mount installation.
- Yaw Adjustment: 360 degrees by turning the mount on the threaded column and securing in place with set screw. 12 degrees yaw possible on flush mount using slots in top of RPA.
- Weight Capacity: 50 lbs (23 kg)
- Color: Black
- Column: 1.5 inches NPT
- Three Mounting Methods:
- 1. Flush mount to suitable ceilings using the four corner slots in top of the RPA Mount. The RPA allows you to flush mount without disassembly by providing suitable access for screwdrivers and socket sets. +/-25 degrees of pitch when flush mounted. 12 degrees yaw possible on flush mount with slots in top of RPA (Hardware not included).
- 2. 1/4" Threaded Rod using the four corner slots in the top of the RPA. (Threaded Rod not included.)
- 3. 1 1/2" NPT Threaded Extension Column using the threaded opening at the top of the RPA Mount. (Threaded Extension Column not included.) Convenient Lamp and Filter Access: Custom design of most RPA projector brackets provides needed access for: quick lamp changes, easy filter cleaning and proper projector ventilation.
- Quick Projector Disconnect/Reconnect: To quickly and easily remove the projector from the ceiling: loosen thumbnuts connecting the SLB bracket to the universal top. Remove projector and SLB from universal top. The universal top retains the registration adjustments. This feature makes projector servicing and maintenance quick and easy by eliminating the need for re-registration. Security wrench included for use when thumbnuts are replaced with All-Points™ Security System hardware.
- LSB100 Lateral Shift Accessory: Often times ceiling structures will not allow the projector to be mounted in exact alignment with the projection screen. The LSB100 Lateral Shift Accessory saves an abundance of time and hassles in trying to solve this common problem. The LSB100 allows the projector to be shifted three inches right or left of the installation spot (5 3/4 inches on projectors under 15 lbs.). Also use the LSB100 to easily accommodate different lens placement when projectors are replaced in existing installations. Compatible with all RPA and UPC Series Mounts, and maintains quick disconnect feature. Includes All-Points™ Security System hardware.
F.A.Q.'s [ top ]
- Q. How much height will the RPA add to my installation? A. The RPA top is only 1 3/4" high plus approximately 3/4" for the projector bracket.
- Q. Do I need to order the SLB projector bracket separately? A. No, the assembly ships complete when you order an RPA ceiling mount. The SLB bracket is a separate part number and is used only for Chief SMART-LIFTS™. The RPA part number includes both the universal top and SLB bracket.
- Q. How much assembly is required for the RPA? A. None, just attach the SLB bracket to your projector. If you choose to use All-Points™ you will need to replace indicated screws with included hardware. No disassembly needed.
- Q. How much weight does the mount hold? A. Each mount is custom designed to support the weight of the projector models specified. However, your ceiling must hold at least 5x the weight of your installation.
- Q. How does Chief's All-Points™ Security System work? A. All-Points™ is included with each RPA and is optional to use. The system locks the projector and mount with security hardware at all key connection points: Roll, Pitch and Yaw adjustments; bracket-to-projector; and mount-to-bracket.
- Q. Do I have to order All-Points™ separately? A. No, All-Points™ is included in all RPA packages at no additional cost and is optional to use.
- Q. Do I need any additional accessories to install the RPA? A. The RPA can be flush mounted to the ceiling without any additional accessories for a low profile, simple installation. However, often times you will need to lower the projector from a structural, finished or suspended ceiling. For these common applications, you will want to order the appropriate accessories.
- Q. When do I need to use the LSB100? A. Often times, ceiling structures will not allow the projector to be mounted in exact alignment with the projection screen. The LSB100 Lateral Shift Accessory saves an abundance of time and hassles in trying to solve this common problem. Also use the LSB100 to easily accommodate different lens placement when projectors are replaced in existing installations.
- Q. If I use the RPA with a Suspended Ceiling Kit, do I need an extension column? A. Yes. Any 1 1/2" NPT threaded extension column will work with Chief's Suspended Ceiling Kits.
- Q. How does the RPA design create natural convection ventilation? A. Chief's brackets are custom designed to allow for airflow that ventilates and helps cool projectors.
Incompatible Projectors [ top ]
The following projectors require Chief's projector-specific RPA mount:
- ASK M3 (requires RPA-0035)
- Canon SX80
- Casio XJ-S30 (requires RPA-169)
- Casio XJ-S35 (requires RPA-169)
- Dell M410HD
- Epson EMP-7800p
- Epson EMP-7850p
- Epson EMP-7900p
- Epson MovieMate 25
- Mitsubishi LVP-XL5900LU (requires RPA-023)
- Mitsubishi LVP-XL5900U (requires RPA-023)
- Mitsubishi LVP-XL5950LU (requires RPA-023)
- Mitsubishi LVP-XL5950U (requires RPA-023)
- Mitsubishi LVP-XL5980LU (requires RPA-023)
- Mitsubishi LVP-XL5980U (requires RPA-023)
- Panasonic PT-D7700EK (requires RPA-075)
- Panasonic PT-D7700U (requires RPA-075)
- Panasonic PT-DW7000U (requires RPA-075)
- Panasonic PT-DW7700U (requires RPA-075)
- Sanyo PLC-SW10 (requires RPA-011)
- Sanyo PLC-SW15 (requires RPA-011)
- Sanyo PLC-XW10 (requires RPA-011)
- Sanyo PLC-XW15 (requires RPA-011)
- Sony VPL-CS5 (requires RPA-060)
- Sony VPL-CX5 (requires RPA-060)
- Most Toshiba models, including:
- Toshiba TLP-380
- Toshiba TLP-381
- Toshiba TLP-780
- Toshiba TLP-781
- Toshiba TLP-790
- Toshiba TLP-791
- Toshiba TLP-MT4
- Toshiba TLP-MT7U
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
Q:I have the Epson 5040UB projector. Will the RPAU Universal Projector Ceiling Mount Black by Chief Manufacturing work for this projector?
I also need to flush mount the 5040UB to my ceiling. Will the RPAU Universal Projector Ceiling Mount Black by Chief Manufacturing work for a flush mount?
Do you recommend another mount for the 5040UB that may work better?
Thanks for your help
JustinAsked on 1/15/2017 by Justin from United States
A:yes, it will work and the rpau is the recommended mountAnswered on 3/20/2017 by Lisa from .
Q:Hi will this mount work on the Sony VPL-HW40ES? Any special adjustments required? Thanks.Asked on 3/6/2015 by rg from Northern VA
A:Not sure. It is pretty universal. I have used it on 5 different projectors without a lot of playing around.
P please consider the environment before printing this emailAnswered on 3/6/2015 by Anonymous
A:I have the BenQ 1080ST, but this mount is fairly universal. The legs swivel
& can be adjusted out or in to find almost any mounts on a projector. I
would be surprised if this wouldn't be able to fit any projector sold today.
My projector is ceiling mounted & I've had it up there for almost a year &
Hope this helps.Answered on 3/6/2015 by Anonymous
A:yes this mount will work with the Sony and no added adjustments needed.Answered on 3/11/2015 by Stacey from Tampa
Q:Will this work on a sloping ceiling?Asked on 12/11/2014 by Riad
A:You will need the cathedral ceiling adapter and a small pipe to connect the two piecesAnswered on 2/25/2015 by Anonymous
Q:Hi,i would like to know i am in the market on buying a epson projector idk what projector just yet but i do know i am looking into 2 differnt projector's from epson.It's between the 3020 or 5020 what i want to know is will this mount work for both of these projector's please let me know thank u.Asked on 10/21/2012 by joe
A:The mount will work for both of these.Answered on 10/22/2012 by Anonymous
A:Yes it will. That mount will work on many different projectors including those two Epson ones you mentioned.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE SmartphoneAnswered on 10/21/2012 by Anonymous
A:Yes. I've used this mount on several different brands of projectors. You will be able to attach the mount with the bracket 'arms' which allows for an infinite number of mounting positions. Since the lens of this projector is centered, try and position the mount as centered as possible on this projector. These instructions will probably make more sense once you take a look at the device in person.
Corporate Media ProductionsAnswered on 10/22/2012 by Anonymous
Q:I bought this mount (RPA & SLBU) as suggested here for the Panasonic AE7000u. The problem is, there are only 4 arms on the universal mount, and 5 mounting points on the Panasonic AE7000u. Please help! I can't find photographs or videos to aid in this installation.Asked on 8/31/2012 by Ryan from Arlington, VA
A:I have only 3 mounting points on my projector. But the orientation on the mount is such that it allows for multiple configurations. I would use the best 4 mounting locations that balance out the projector and it will be just fine.
Take care, Mike. Sent from my iPadAnswered on 9/1/2012 by Anonymous
A:Just use those 4 arms that came with the mount. Most projectors that I purchase only have 3 mounting spots on the bottom, and they are all securely mounted to the ceiling. Just find a good balance amongst the 4 arms. You should be fine.
Corporate Media ProductionsAnswered on 9/3/2012 by Anonymous
A:You can just use the 4 arms provided. No need to to attach to all 5 mounting pointsAnswered on 9/6/2012 by Stacey
Q:I bought the Epson Home Cinema 3010 (EPSHC3010) projector a couple of months ago, will this ceiling mount work with my model? If not, is there any other you would recommend?
TksAsked on 5/16/2012 by Pat from SIlver Spring, Maryland
A:Yes that mount will work. I have used that mount with 4 different projectors and it has enough parts to be configured for every one of them. The best part is after you are done it looks lie it was made for that projector.
P please consider the environment before printing this emailAnswered on 5/17/2012 by Anonymous
A:Yes this mount will work with just about any projector that has the capabilities of being mounted on the ceiling. CHIEF Manufacturing mounts are the only type that I purchase for the conference rooms that I design. Good choice.
Corporate Media ProductionsAnswered on 5/17/2012 by Anonymous
A:YesAnswered on 5/17/2012 by Anonymous
A:Yes, this mount works great with the EpsonAnswered on 5/17/2012 by Todd from Tampa
A:This mount should be fine for mounting the Epson Home Cinema 3010. If you refer to page 8 (http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/plhc3010/plhc3010ug.pdf) of the Epson 3010's Owner's Manual, you'll see that there are 4 mounting holes, called "mounting bracket attachment points". These are the attachment points for the bracket. This particular bracket's arms are adjustable, so they should have no problem reaching these attachment points.Answered on 5/17/2012 by Community Answer from None
Q:What would the lamp replacement cost be?Asked on 2/22/2012 by Anonymous
A:Lamp prices vary. Just depends on the Projector that you have. You can find lamp prices under accessories on our website.Answered on 2/23/2012 by Anonymous
Q:will this work with a LGE CF181D ProjectorAsked on 2/13/2012 by Anonymous
A:I'm not familiar with that projector, but I found the product to be very flexible and it work great with my Panasonic projector.Answered on 2/13/2012 by Projector People Customer
A:I have not used the universal mount on a LGE projector, but have used it on
Panasonic, Hitachi, BenQ, Proxima and Dell. I have no reason to think it
would not work on any make or model of projector.
JimAnswered on 2/14/2012 by Projector People Customer
A:The RPAU will not work with the LGCF181D. Get the mount specific Chief RPA274 with this projector.Answered on 2/14/2012 by Anonymous
We have no downloads available for the Chief Manufacturing RPAU Universal Projector Ceiling Mount Black at this time.