Chief Manufacturing RPAU Universal Projector Ceiling Mount Black
Chief Manufacturing 12-18'' (304-457 mm) Speed-Connect Adjustable Exten
Chief RPAU Overview
- Independent Roll (+/-4°), Pitch (+/-25°) and Yaw (360°) adjustments make it easy to quickly and precisely register the projector.
- Three ceiling mounting methods: Flush mount, optional 1/4" threaded rod, or with an optional 1.5" NPT Threaded Extension Column.
- Compatible with a large assortment of accessories to easily overcome a variety of installation challenges.
- Allows lateral shift when using the optional LSB-100 Lateral Shift Accessory. The LSB-100 allows the projector to be shifted 3" right or left of the installation spot (5.75" on projectors under 15 lb). The LSB-100 is also used to accommodate different lens placement when projectors are replaced in existing installations. Maintains quick disconnect feature and includes All-Points Security System hardware..
Security and Reliability
- Heavy gauge solid steel design for secure mounting.
- UL-listed for proven strength, supports projector systems up to 50 lbs.
- Includes the All-Points Security System - exclusive locking hardware to protect against theft. Optional to use, the system locks the projector and mount with security hardware at all key connection points: Roll, Pitch and Yaw adjustments; bracket-to-projector; and mount-to-bracket.
- Compatible with Chief's PG-1A and PG-2A Projector Guard security cages.
- Backed by a 10-year warranty to ensure that you are receiving the best quality product.
- Low-profile design allows the RPAU to be flush mounted without additional accessories.
- Ships fully assembled with everything you need for installation in one box.
- Custom designed brackets allow quick projector disconnect without loss of registration, doesn't affect pre-set adjustments.
- Quick projector reconnect with convenient lamp and filter access.
- Integrated cable management allows cables to be routed through the top of the mount without additional accessories.
- Easy to maintain, it allows easy replacement of filter or bulb; offers proper ventilation; and lets you adjust the contour of the mount for the lowest profile possible.
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
Q:I have the Epson 5040UB projector. Will the RPAU Universal Projector Ceiling Mount Black by Chief Manufacturing work for this projector?
I also need to flush mount the 5040UB to my ceiling. Will the RPAU Universal Projector Ceiling Mount Black by Chief Manufacturing work for a flush mount?
Do you recommend another mount for the 5040UB that may work better?
Thanks for your help
JustinAsked on 1/15/2017 by Justin from United States
A:yes, it will work and the rpau is the recommended mountAnswered on 3/20/2017 by Lisa from .
Q:Hi will this mount work on the Sony VPL-HW40ES? Any special adjustments required? Thanks.Asked on 3/6/2015 by rg from Northern VA
A:Not sure. It is pretty universal. I have used it on 5 different projectors without a lot of playing around.
P please consider the environment before printing this emailAnswered on 3/6/2015 by Anonymous
A:I have the BenQ 1080ST, but this mount is fairly universal. The legs swivel
& can be adjusted out or in to find almost any mounts on a projector. I
would be surprised if this wouldn't be able to fit any projector sold today.
My projector is ceiling mounted & I've had it up there for almost a year &
Hope this helps.Answered on 3/6/2015 by Anonymous
A:yes this mount will work with the Sony and no added adjustments needed.Answered on 3/11/2015 by Stacey from Tampa
Q:Will this work on a sloping ceiling?Asked on 12/11/2014 by Riad
A:You will need the cathedral ceiling adapter and a small pipe to connect the two piecesAnswered on 2/25/2015 by Anonymous
Q:Hi,i would like to know i am in the market on buying a epson projector idk what projector just yet but i do know i am looking into 2 differnt projector's from epson.It's between the 3020 or 5020 what i want to know is will this mount work for both of these projector's please let me know thank u.Asked on 10/21/2012 by joe
A:The mount will work for both of these.Answered on 10/22/2012 by Anonymous
A:Yes it will. That mount will work on many different projectors including those two Epson ones you mentioned.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE SmartphoneAnswered on 10/21/2012 by Anonymous
A:Yes. I've used this mount on several different brands of projectors. You will be able to attach the mount with the bracket 'arms' which allows for an infinite number of mounting positions. Since the lens of this projector is centered, try and position the mount as centered as possible on this projector. These instructions will probably make more sense once you take a look at the device in person.
Corporate Media ProductionsAnswered on 10/22/2012 by Anonymous
Q:I bought this mount (RPA & SLBU) as suggested here for the Panasonic AE7000u. The problem is, there are only 4 arms on the universal mount, and 5 mounting points on the Panasonic AE7000u. Please help! I can't find photographs or videos to aid in this installation.Asked on 8/31/2012 by Ryan from Arlington, VA
A:I have only 3 mounting points on my projector. But the orientation on the mount is such that it allows for multiple configurations. I would use the best 4 mounting locations that balance out the projector and it will be just fine.
Take care, Mike. Sent from my iPadAnswered on 9/1/2012 by Anonymous
A:Just use those 4 arms that came with the mount. Most projectors that I purchase only have 3 mounting spots on the bottom, and they are all securely mounted to the ceiling. Just find a good balance amongst the 4 arms. You should be fine.
Corporate Media ProductionsAnswered on 9/3/2012 by Anonymous
A:You can just use the 4 arms provided. No need to to attach to all 5 mounting pointsAnswered on 9/6/2012 by Stacey
Q:I bought the Epson Home Cinema 3010 (EPSHC3010) projector a couple of months ago, will this ceiling mount work with my model? If not, is there any other you would recommend?
TksAsked on 5/16/2012 by Pat from SIlver Spring, Maryland
A:Yes that mount will work. I have used that mount with 4 different projectors and it has enough parts to be configured for every one of them. The best part is after you are done it looks lie it was made for that projector.
P please consider the environment before printing this emailAnswered on 5/17/2012 by Anonymous
A:Yes this mount will work with just about any projector that has the capabilities of being mounted on the ceiling. CHIEF Manufacturing mounts are the only type that I purchase for the conference rooms that I design. Good choice.
Corporate Media ProductionsAnswered on 5/17/2012 by Anonymous
A:YesAnswered on 5/17/2012 by Anonymous
A:Yes, this mount works great with the EpsonAnswered on 5/17/2012 by Todd from Tampa
A:This mount should be fine for mounting the Epson Home Cinema 3010. If you refer to page 8 (http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/plhc3010/plhc3010ug.pdf) of the Epson 3010's Owner's Manual, you'll see that there are 4 mounting holes, called "mounting bracket attachment points". These are the attachment points for the bracket. This particular bracket's arms are adjustable, so they should have no problem reaching these attachment points.Answered on 5/17/2012 by Community Answer from None
Q:What would the lamp replacement cost be?Asked on 2/22/2012 by Anonymous
A:Lamp prices vary. Just depends on the Projector that you have. You can find lamp prices under accessories on our website.Answered on 2/23/2012 by Anonymous
Q:will this work with a LGE CF181D ProjectorAsked on 2/13/2012 by Anonymous
A:I'm not familiar with that projector, but I found the product to be very flexible and it work great with my Panasonic projector.Answered on 2/13/2012 by Projector People Customer
A:I have not used the universal mount on a LGE projector, but have used it on
Panasonic, Hitachi, BenQ, Proxima and Dell. I have no reason to think it
would not work on any make or model of projector.
JimAnswered on 2/14/2012 by Projector People Customer
A:The RPAU will not work with the LGCF181D. Get the mount specific Chief RPA274 with this projector.Answered on 2/14/2012 by Anonymous