Crestron 4K HDMI® over HDBaseT Extender w/Analog Audio
4K HDMI® over HDBaseT® Extender w/Analog Audio, White
4K Ultra HD Signal Extension
Using HDBaseT technology, the HD-EXT4-C allows for the extension of uncompressed HDMI signals over a single CAT type twisted pair cable. In addition to HDMI, it is also compatible with DVI and DisplayPort Multimode sources, and DVI display devices. Without relying on signal-degrading compression or inferior HDMI signal boosting, HDBaseT reliably transports the full resolution signal from source to display — intact and uncompromised.
The HD-EXT4-C handles uncompressed Full HD 1080p, Ultra HD, 2K, and 4K video signals with support for 3D, Deep Color, and HDCP 2.2. Audio capabilities include support for high-bitrate 7.1 audio formats like Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ as well as uncompressed linear PCM. All signals are transported over a single CAT type cable, supporting 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K signals at distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using Crestron DM® Ultra or DM 8G® Cable, or third-party CAT5e. Higher resolutions up to UHD and 4K are supported at distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using DM Ultra Cable, 230 feet (70 m) using DM 8G Cable, or 165 feet (50 m) using CAT5e.
Legacy Audio Device Support
In addition to carrying digital video and audio, the HD-EXT4-C also provides for the extension of an analog audio signal to support DVI devices (and certain HDMI devices) that may not include or support an embedded digital audio channel. Enabling the extension of analog audio simply requires an additional twisted-pair type cable.
Uncompromised and Uncomplicated
Crestron HDMI over HDBaseT products afford a very dependable signal extension solution that’s simple to implement. No special configuration or programming is required — just connect your source and display and enjoy high-quality video and audio from across the room — or the other end of the house.
The HD-EXT4-C is composed of one transmitter and one receiver (HD-TX4-C and HD-RX4-C, both included). The transmitter can be mounted in a single-gang wall box, or attached to any flat surface or inside an equipment rack. The compact receiver can be mounted discreetly behind a display device or wherever else it needs to go. Linking the two components requires just one or two CAT type cables[1,2]. Crestron offers the cable and connectors for a complete, easy, and reliable wiring solution. A range of professional AV interface cables and wall plates is also available to complement the HD-EXT4-C for a total custom installation solution.
Summary Of Features
- HDBaseT® Certified 4K Ultra HD signal extender
- Extends uncompressed digital video, audio, and control signals over a single CAT type twisted pair cable 
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) for all resolutions up to 4K and Ultra HD using DM® Ultra cable 
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) for 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K using DM 8G® cable or CAT5e 
- Supports cable lengths up to 230 ft (70 m) for 4K and UHD using DM 8G cable, or 165 ft (50 m) using CAT5e 
- Can also extend a stereo analog audio signal via a second cable 
- Compatible with HDMI®, DVI, and DisplayPort Multimode sources 
- Compatible with HDMI and DVI display devices 
- Supports Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Passes CEC and EDID
- 24VDC power pack included
- Available in white or black
- No programming or configuration required