Saros® Express Low-Profile 6.5” 2-Way In-Ceiling Speaker, Black Textured, Single (must be ordered in multiples of 2)
The Saros Express ICE6LPT model is a 2-way in-ceiling speaker featuring a 6-1/2 inch woofer and wide-dispersion, horn-loaded 1 inch dome tweeter. Its low-profile enclosure allows for installation in constricted ceiling spaces as shallow as 5-1/8 inches (130 mm). A built-in 30 Watt multi-tap transformer allows for use with 70 and 100 Volt distributed speaker systems. Power handling at 8 Ohms is 60 Watts (program), with a frequency response from 85 Hz to 20 kHz (±3 dB).
Like its more expensive sibling, the Saros IC6LPT, the Saros Express ICE6LPT is smartly designed for quick and easy installation and reliable performance. Its “zero-bezel” frameless grille achieves an unobtrusive and contemporary appearance well-suited for use in restaurants and night clubs, retail spaces, houses of worship, convention facilities, universities, and office buildings. Installing the grille requires no hardware or tools, utilizing powerful magnets to hold it in place. A safety tether is included to prevent the grille from ever falling from the ceiling.
Unitized construction of the speaker enclosure simplifies specification and installation for use in new and existing ceilings. Mounting the speaker is facilitated using rugged, 2-step toggle clamps integrated into the enclosure. Each toggle clamp offers two positions to accommodate standard and extra thick surfaces up to 2.4 inches (61 mm). A tile bridge is included to provide proper support when installed in a typical drop-tile ceiling. The tile bridge is adjustable to enable off-center speaker positioning, and can be folded to fit through the speaker cutout in blind-mount situations. Two rigging points are also provided on the side of the speaker enclosure for securing to the building structure using the optional safety tether kit (SPKA-ST-15
An integral metal back can is employed to meet the requirements for installation in an environmental air-handling (plenum) space. The wiring connection is accessible behind a rear cover panel by removing a single screw. Wiring enters through a side-mounted cable clamp attached to the cover panel. Connecting the wiring behind the cover panel is facilitated using a detachable screw terminal block with provisions for easy parallel wiring in a multi-speaker application. Setting the 70/100V transformer tap is performed via a screwdriver-adjustable control located on the front baffle behind the grille.
Saros Express ICE6LPT speakers are available in white or black, and can be painted to blend with the ceiling surface. They are priced individually, but must be ordered in pairs.
Summary Of Features
- Low-profile 2-way in-ceiling speaker
- Requires only 5-1/8” (130 mm) mounting depth
- 6.5" woofer with damped cloth surround
- Dual front ports for enhanced low-frequency response
- Wide-dispersion, horn-loaded dome tweeter
- Built-in 30 Watt 70/100V multi-tap transformer
- “Zero-bezel” frameless grille for a clean, contemporary appearance
- Integral metal back can with side-entry cable clamp
- Two-step toggle clamps for fast, easy installation
- Includes tile bridge for installation in a drop-tile ceiling
- Meets the requirements for installation in an environmental air-handling space
- 60 Watts program power handling at 8 Ohms
- 85Hz-20kHz frequency response
- 95° nominal coverage pattern
- Available in black or white
- Paintable to blend with surroundings