- Power cord
- Two HDMI cable clamps
- Remote control with AA batteries
- CD ROM with user guide link
- Quick Setup Guide
The elite 4K enhancement home theater projector that brings color to life.
The Home Cinema 4000 home theater projector delivers the ultimate combination of color-rich performance and stunning sharpness and detail. Experience 100% Pure Color Brightness, with 2,200 lumens equal color/white brightness. Read: why color brightness matters
4K Enhancement Technology — which accepts 4K UHD content, and also up-scales 1080p input — makes even the smallest intricacies come alive. Plus, an incredible contrast ratio of up to 140,000:1 delivers rich detail in every scene. Easily switch between focus, zoom and lens shift presets with the smart motorized lens. And, with HDR10 and Ultra Wide Color Gamut, movies look extraordinary — just like the filmmakers intended.
View images of the projector in action below:
Customer photo of the Epson 4000 in action with ambient light streaming in from patio. Contrast and color is remarkable
Photo showing sharp detail of the Epson 4000 in action. Note the fly away strands of hair.
- 4K Enhancement Technology — accepts native 4K UHD content, and also up-scales 1080p input for resolution that exceeds Full HD
- HDR10 — High Dynamic Range with full 10-bit color output; extraordinary range of brightness for images bursting with real-life color
- 100% Pure Color Brightness — 2,200 lumens equal color and white brightness for vibrant, rich color in every mode
- UltraBlack™ contrast — up to 140,000:1 contrast ratio for rich detail in both bright and dark scenes
- Smart motorized lens — preset up to 10 positions for powered focus, zoom and lens shift; features 2.1x zoom and ultra wide lens shift
- L*a*b* Ultra Wide Color Gamut — offers 100% coverage of the DCI-P3 color space, the digital cinema standard
- Delta Level color accuracy — with a low Delta E rate, you get extremely accurate color reproduction for true-to-life images
- Tri-stimulus Motion Technology — precision-aligned 3-chip engine delivers jaw-dropping action scenes with no rainbow effect
- Epson® Image Enhancement Technology — Super-resolution and Detail Enhancement sharpen and refine images for lifelike smoothness and clarity
- 3D Ready - experience total immersion with 3D blu-ray content (requires RF 3D glasses - not included)
|Click on a spec (like Resolution:) to learn more about it. Click here for the complete glossary.|
|Image Quality||See Epson Home Cinema 4000 3D 4K Enhancement Image Size Calculator »|
|Resolution||HD (1920 x 1080)|
|Brightness||2200 lumens||Contrast Ratio||140000:1|
|No. of Colors||Full-color (up to 1.07 billion colors)|
|Aspect Ratio(s)||Native - 16:9
Other(s) - Compatible with 4:3 with Normal, Full or Zoom Mode
|Data Signals||HD (1920 x 1080)|
|Inputs / Outputs||
|Projection Lens||See Epson Home Cinema 4000 3D 4K Enhancement Image Size Calculator »|
|Lens||Type: Powered focus/optical zoom/lens position F-number: 2.0 � 3.0 Focal Length: 22.5 mm � 46.7 mm Zoom Ratio: 1.0 � 2.1|
|Throw Ratio||1.35 - 2.84:1|
Horizontal and Vertical
Specs: Vertical: �30 degrees (Manual)
|Lens Shift||Vertical: �96, Horizontal: �47|
|Proj. Methods||Ceiling, Front, Rear|
|Dimensions||20.5" x 6.7" x 17.7" (W x H x D)|
|Unit Weight||24.3 lbs.|
|Power Supply||100 � 240 VAC � 10%, 50/60 Hz
Universal Power Supply
(Brightness: 1760 lumens; Lamp life: 5000 hours; Power: 283; Noise: 20 dB)
|Audible Noise||31.0 dB|
|Lamp||250 W UHE|
|Lamp Life||4000 hours|
|Items Included||Power cord, Two HDMI cable clamps, Remote control with AA batteries, CD ROM with user guide link, Quick Setup Guide|
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Set Up
- Easy to use
- Great picture quality
- High-Definition TV
Comments about Epson Home Cinema 4000 4K Enhancement:
I did a LOT of research on this projector before making this purchase, and after having it setup for almost a month, I feel very happy about my decision. To cut to the chase, I was on the fence between the 4000 and the Epson 5040 - the only differences between the two (besides the $500 price delta) were that the 4000 had slightly lower lumens (2200 vs 2500) and reduced, but still not bad, contrast.
Since this would be an upgrade to my old Epson 8350, I had already learned that by using a lower gain grey screen vs white I could make an ok image look incredible. I could offset the brightness difference by just moving the projector a bit closer. I had the 8350 on a shelf and I chose to mount the 4000 since it is a bit larger.
The test came when my wife's family showed up to watch some football last weekend. Her dad just bought a 4k Samsung TV a couple of months back and I wanted to get his feedback on the new setup. I played some 4k stuff from YouTube just to show it off and he was blown away by how good it looked. Maybe the 5040ub has darker blacks but I'm so happy with the images I'm getting now AND I saved $500!
The only downside (besides the fact that it is kinda big for a projector) is that the HDR has been disappointing. Someone told me I need to have a quality source for that though vs using a gaming console, so you may have different results.
All in all, this is a killer deal and a bit of a hidden gem it seems. Projector People were awesome too!
- Primary use:
- Download the manufacturer spec sheet for the Epson Home Cinema 4000 3D 4K Enhancement.
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
Q:DO we need 4k AV 4k receiver and NEW 4k support HDMI?Asked on 11/27/2017 by Thiru from Dallas TX
A:Yes. To take full advantage of 4K you will need those items.Answered on 12/6/2017 by ProjectorPeople.com from Tampa, FL