Screen Innovations 7 Series Zero Edge - Black Diamond Fixed Frame Screen
|Dimensions:||49.8" Height x 87" Width; 100" Diagonal|
|Surface:||Black Diamond 1.4|
Make a statement with the Black Diamond Zero Edge screen, the world’s only vertical and horizontal ambient-light-rejecting screen. The Black Diamond screen features a multi-layer optic that reflects only the light generated by the projector resulting in a 900% boost in contrast. Now you can use your projector in a well-lit space. No more concerns about limiting your home theater to a room with controlled lighting! Additionally, Black Diamond is the only screen that greatly benefits dark environments by reducing light scatter by over 75%.
The Black Diamond Zero Edge screen has an ultra-rigid aluminum backing that makes it look similar to a giant flat screen. But at about 1cm deep, this screen is thinner than any television on the market. The screen’s pencil-thin bezel makes your projected image look like it’s floating on the wall. This screen is sure to be a conversation piece.
The Black Diamond Zero Edge is available with a variety of mounting options, including recessed, flush to the wall, projected off the wall or flying from cables for an incredibly sleek look.
No assembly required, just unpack and hang.
Not All Ambient Light Rejecting Screens Are Created Equal
Screen Innovations offers screens in various gain settings. Learn more below.
- .8 gain - Near black in color and best overall black level of all SI gains. Recommended for dedicated home theaters or smaller screen sizes, where viewers will be sitting directly in front of screen - as viewing cone is more narrow than the higher gain screens. Will work with active 3D content, but not generally recommended as brightness is reduced by almost half in 3D mode.
- SLATE 1.2 gain - Slate™ replaces the need to settle for a substandard screen in a family room setting, by rejecting 65% of the room’s ambient light vs. only <10% light rejection with a white or gray screen.
- 1.4 gain -Most popular gain of Black Diamond screens. While similar in color to the .8 gain, projected content will appear brighter and have a much wider viewing cone. Excellent choice for multi-purpose rooms / commercial applications and larger screen sizes. Works well for well-lit rooms and 3D content.
- 2.7 gain - This is a silvery white screen. It is designed for passive 3D because of its brightness and can have a bit of sparkle to it. The 2.7 is polarization preserving material so that is why it works with passive 3D. If watching in 2D mode, you will need to turn down the bulb to economy setting. Also, the 2.7 gain does NOT have the same light rejection qualities as the 1.4, 1.2 and .8 gains.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy Intallation
- Dull Image
- Not Bright Enough
- Poor Performance
Comments about Screen Innovations 7 Series Zero Edge - Black Diamond:
Evaluate your options very well before purchasing this product. I would recomend not buying without seeing the performance in person. I purchased the product based on online materials and after speaking with one of the sales reps but I really don't think this product performs as advertised and SI requests a 50% restocking fee. I bought this one to improve viewing quality in ambient light but improvement is really minimal. I think, there are better priced options with similar or better performance. you have to be very careful with gain as well. 0.8 gain was recomended for my projector (panasonic pt3000ae, 1600 lumens with 60.0000/1 contrast) and room set up but visual is too dark. My guests prefered the performance on plain wall vs. this screen. it's cool looking screen but do not buy it witout seeing the performance it's one way street unless you can burn 50% restocking fee.
- Primary use:
- Was this a gift?:
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
Q:does this screen come with led back lighting?Asked on 11/25/2016 by blowtourch from keller, tx
A:No i think its an extra
Sent from my iPhoneAnswered on 11/26/2016 by umut from undisclosed
A:LED backlighting is an optional feature. The manufacturer offers a remote controlled, multi-color LED system for installation around the edges of the frame.
As an alternative, I installed HUE lightstrips around my screen for a similar effect, see photo:
- Sent from Taf's iPhoneAnswered on 11/25/2016 by irafat from undisclosed
A:It's optional. $500 more.Answered on 12/14/2016 by Anonymous
Q:What,s the difference between this model 7tz100 bd14 and the 7tz100bd27?Asked on 9/19/2015 by Rich from 32137
A:the gain or reflective property of the material. You will typically use the 1.4 for most applications.Answered on 9/21/2015 by Todd from Tampa
Q:Can it use back projection technology? or does it have to be front projected?Asked on 9/16/2015 by Habib from San Ramon CA
A:It's not a rear projection screen. It is for front projection only.Answered on 9/18/2015 by Anonymous
Q:Is there any way to sit this on a table or hang it from the ceiling?Asked on 1/21/2013 by Anonymous
A:It does not sit on table but you can hang the screen from the ceiling. You will need to buy the accessories to hang it with as they do not come with the screen.Answered on 1/22/2013 by Community Answer from None
A:Yes, you can buy a fly kit to hang it from the ceiling. Just be sure to call in to place the order because it has to be ordered at the same time as the screen. There is no table option.Answered on 1/23/2013 by Sarah Buss
We have no downloads available for the Screen Innovations 7 Series Zero Edge - Black Diamond at this time.