Purchase Policy & Returns
Please note our projector return policy, which is as follows:
- has less than four (4) hours of use, then you will not be charged a restocking fee.
- has four (4) to ten (10) hours on the lamp, you will be refunded your purchase price less a 15% restocking fee.
- has evidence of excessive wear and tear, you will be refunded your purchase price less a 15% restocking fee.
- has greater than ten (10) hours on the lamp, you may not return the projector for credit or exchange.
If your projector...
For projector returns, contact your sales representative at 800-639-3010.
D.O.A. (Dead on arrival) and damaged items during shipping, return and restocking fees are waived. See details below.
For all other items, freight charges, for delivery and return, and related insurance charges, will not be refunded or credited. All returned items are subject to the criteria stated below in the section "Condition of Returned Items." No return will be accepted, and no refund made on any product thirty (30) days after receipt. All non-projector purchases returned within thirty (30) days after receipt are subject to a 15% restock fee.
- We are unable to accept returns on lamps that have been opened or used.
- Special order or customized items may not be returned.
Special order products include but are not limited to:
- Custom Cases
- other non-stock items.
Custom screens are non-returnable.
Screen Innovations Return Policy | Projector People
- All unopened returns are subject to a 25% restocking fee unless exchanging for a different model
- All opened screens are subject to no refunds
- All custom screens are non-refundable. Custom screens are all screens that are NOT on the Quick Ship program for Projector People
- All Black Diamond Screen sales are subject to a 50% restock fee.
All projectors have a minimum one-year manufacturer warranty for defects. If you feel there is a defect please follow the RMA process:
- Go to and fill out the Case Request Form.
- Our RMA department will process within 24 hours and assign a case number.
*Please note all freight damages must be claimed when received. If not noted on the BOL then it will not be credited.
If you have any questions contact customer service or call.800-630-3010
Defective* or D.O.A.** Program
In the case of a defective* or D.O.A.** product(s), no charges will apply.
Our Customer Service team must be notified within 10 days of your invoice date if there are any problems with any item(s) upon receipt***. Defective* or D.O.A.** merchandise will be repaired and returned, or exchanged for the same make and model, or for a product of equal value as allowed by the product manufacturer's policies. There are a few manufacturer exceptions to this policy:
Optoma requires notification of any defective or D.O.A products within 14 days of receipt*** DOA** products. Sony has a repair only policy.
Please note: non-new, remanufactured or refurbished B-stock products are not eligible for exchange if they are Defective* or D.O.A.**. They are eligible for factory authorized repairs only. You may either contact our Customer Service team at 800-639-3010 ext. 2666, or the manufacturer for repair options (or credit). Our policy for Defective* or D.O.A.** items on special ordered products will depend on the manufacturer's warranties.
Any product that fails to meet the factory specifications determined by the manufacturer.
Dead On arrival. Product will not power up.
Is the date provided by the carrier as proof of delivery, or the date of the signed delivery receipt for your product.
Manufacturer Pixel Policies
Please know that our suppliers only provide us with their highest quality units available. On occasion a projector may have 1 (one) or more "Off" or "Out" pixels, also referred to as "Bad" pixels. It is industry standard to allow for a few "Bad" pixels on an LCD panel or DLP chip. The actual placement and number of "Bad" pixels allowed varies by manufacturer. The issue of "Bad" pixels does not qualify a projector for replacement as a "Defective" or "D.O.A." unit but may be returned to the manufacturer for their evaluation; their decision is final in each of these cases. We apologize for any inconvenience the manufacturer's policies may cause.
Condition of Returned Items
All returned items must be in new and resalable condition and meet the following criteria:
- DO NOT WRITE ON THE BOX. If the box is written on, the returned products will be refused. DO NOT black out or deface manufacturer bar codes and/or labels such as serial numbers; the cost of a replacement box will automatically deduct from your credit.
- If your projector has less than four (4) hours on the lamp, then you will not be charged a restocking fee. If your projector has four (4) to ten (10) hours on the lamp, and/or evidence of excessive wear and tear, you will be refunded your purchase price less a low 15% restocking fee. If your projector has greater than ten (10) hours on the lamp, you may not return the projector for credit or exchange. Instead the projector may be repaired under warranty according to manufacturer guidelines. The restock fee will also apply for stocking items that evidence excessive wear and tear.
- Projector lamps that have been opened or used are ineligible for return.
- Include all accessories in their original wrapping/packing material. The actual replacement cost for missing items will be deducted from your refund/credit.
- Include all manuals, warranty/guarantee information, and instructions. The actual replacement cost for missing items will be deducted from your refund/credit.
- When returning a product, the customer pays shipping costs and must insure the package for the purchase value. Acceptable shipping carriers are UPS, Fed-Ex, DHL, or Airborne. Do not send return merchandise via U.S. Mail by any method; it will be refused. Products returned by U.S. Mail will not be credited or exchanged.
- Clearly place the RMA number on a label and attach it to the outside of the box OR include the RMA number in the "Ship To" address line. ALL ITEMS MUST have an RMA label listed before being sent back.
- The RMA number will be open for 7 business days from date when issued to you. If you do not contact us or return the products the RMA number will automatically CLOSE and you will lose the option to return or exchange the products.
- Product must be in the original shipping carton with all original packing material.
International and Wholesale/Resellers (U.S. and International)
All sales are final, no returns or credits. Projector People may approve an upgrade within seven (7) days to an item of greater value. If approved, purchaser must receive an RMA# from Projector People Customer Service Team. Purchaser is responsible for all shipping charges and/or duties incurred.
For Items Damaged During Transport
Projector People endeavors to use reliable and reputable carriers, but occasionally shipping damage does occur. Resolving the problem of transit damage or loss depends on the cooperation of all parties. All shipping damage claims must be made against the common carrier; therefore, it is imperative that you follow these guidelines:
- Inspect all shipments upon arrival. If damage or loss is apparent upon delivery, do not accept the shipment until you make a notation of the damage on all copies of the carrier's pro bill and have the driver sign all copies to acknowledge the notation. Do not sign a clear receipt for damaged or missing cartons or there will be no basis for a claim. Ask the carrier to make a detailed inspection of the damage. File a claim with the carrier. Cooperate and follow up as necessary to secure final settlement.
- Even if damages are acknowledged in writing by the driver, you must request an inspection by the carrier and retain the merchandise, carton, and package materials at the address to which shipment was made until the carrier authorizes movement. The carrier must provide you with an inspection report. In case of concealed damage, inspection must be requested within five (5) days of receipt of shipment.
- Please immediately advise Projector People of all damages or problems. Do not return merchandise to Projector People. File your claim with the carrier, enclosing copies of the bill of lading (signed by the driver) and inspection report as support. Keep all packing materials and boxes with the damaged product. Do not throw anything away. Although Projector People will provide any assistance possible, we cannot be responsible for the actual filing of claims on the carrier or accept liability for non-collectable freight claims.
Gift card promotions
If your order included an electronic / virtual gift card as part of a manufacturer or Projector People promotion, your gift card will be sent to the email address associated with the order within eight (8) weeks of the order invoice date, unless the product associated with the order was returned for a refund or exchanged for a non-qualifying replacement item. All gift cards will be sent from giftcards.com directly.
Missing or lost gift cards:If it has been more than eight (8) weeks since your order invoice and you have not received your virtual gift card, please contact your account manager to request a replacement card. Please provide your account manager with the original order number and the email associated with the order. Gift cards will be resent to the email associated with the order.Note that replacement gift card requests must be placed within one (1) year from the time of the qualifying order. We are unable to fulfill replacement gift cards after that time.
"New in Box" merchandise includes the manufacturer's standard warranty excluding consumable items such as lamps. Manufacturers may include an extended warranty service beyond their standard warranty period on certain items. Manufacturers provide a one (1) year warranty or less (unless specified otherwise on your invoice or packing slip) on non-new, remanufactured or refurbished, B- stock items that covers repair only. Non-new, remanufactured or refurbished, B products do not qualify for D.O.A. exchange. These products will be repaired and returned to purchaser. Please confirm warranty coverage at the time of your purchase.
Projector People disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Projector People offers no warranties that extend beyond the description on the face hereof.
Established account: A full refund will not be issued if purchaser's account has an open balance. A credit memo will be issued, and credit will be applied first to the invoice on which the products were purchased, then to any other open invoices on the account, beginning with the oldest invoice. Any credit balance remaining will be refunded as outlined below.
- Credit card: All refunds for purchases made by credit will be issued as a credit to that same account within a reasonable period of time after inspection of returned products.
- Check: All refunds for purchases paid by check, whether prepaid, terms (Net 10 or Net 30), will be paid by refund check within a reasonable amount of time, after inspection of returned products.
The Purchase Policy published on our website is always the most recent Purchase Policy and shall supersede all previous policies published either in print or online.
Last revised 04/19/2019